Application Process for the RUHS Anesthesia Residency Program
The residency program consists of a Clinical Base Year (12 months) and 36 months of Clinical Anesthesiology training.
Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Programs will not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
To be eligible for appointment to the RUHS residency program, applicants must be either United States citizens or permanent residents.
The complete application deadline is October 31, 2023.Only complete applications by deadline will be reviewed and considered for interview by the Program Director. Applications will only be accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), please do not send applications and associated documents through the mail or e-mail.
The Anesthesia Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Please register with them if you wish to be matched with our program. Our NRMP program code is 1850040C0.
Minimum application documentation: Prior to being placed on a rank list, applicants must have submitted the following documentation:
- Application/Curriculum Vita
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three letters of reference from physicians
- Photograph taken within the last six months
- COMLEX or USMLE transcripts, as applicable
- Personal Statement
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document(s) must be provided
- Supplemental application requirement - include a paragraph in your personal statement on why you are interested in the anesthesia residency program at Riverside University Health System.
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must also provide the following:
- Current ECFMG Certificate
- Current California Post-doctoral Training Approval Letter or California Medical License
All interviews will be virtual and scheduled for November, December and January. If you are granted an interview, you will be notified by the program coordinator.
Applicants who successfully match in the Anesthesia Residency Program here at Riverside University Health System must provide the following additional documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript indicating that a degree was issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver's license
- Copy of permanent resident cared
- Copy of current BLS and ACLS certifications
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (ie marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, that a translation of the documents must be provided.
In addition to the above, prior to the appointment date, the applicant must have successfully completed all RUHS pre-employment requirements, including, but not limited to, a pre-employment physical and Department of Justice background check.
Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the training program.