Medical Records

To prevent the spread of COVID-19, if you have medical record inquires, please contact: (951) 486-5040. You may fax requests to: (951) 486-5075 or email requests:

LocationWoman at Computer

  • RUHS Medical Center: (Lower Level): 26520 Cactus Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92555
  • Riverside: 7898 Mission Grove Parkway South, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92508

Hours: 8am - 5​pm, Monday through Friday

The Health Information Management Department (Medical Records) maintains medical patient data in a secure manner, allowing release only to recognized entities with a legal right to review the contents.

Please Note: The medical record is the property of the hospital. The patient does not automatically receive a copy of his/her medical record upon discharge from the hospital. Medical records must be completed by all physicians involved in the patient’s care prior to being copied and released to the patient. The patient may request to receive a copy of his/her medical record, upon completion of the appropriate authorization. A fee may be involved.

View Your Medical Records on MyChart: Access your information 24/7 on a computer, tablet or smartphone when it's convenient for you.

 Visit MyChart

Information about you and your health is confidential.

Medical Records Requests

To obtain a copy of your medical records, please follow the instructions below:

1. Download and complete the authorization form.

Please note: Unsigned requests will not be processed.

2. Completed forms can be:

  • Mailed to: Riverside University Health System – Health Information Management Department, 7898 Mission Grove Parkway South, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92508
  • Faxed to: (951) 486-5075, Attn: Release of Information
  • Emailed to:

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a charge for copies?

Yes. The first 20 pages are free. For over 20 pages, there is a $15 administrative fee plus a charge for 25 cents per page for copies.

May I request my records be electronically emailed to me or placed on a CD?

Currently RUHS can place records on a CD (a fee may be involved). Records are not emailed at this time to protect confidentiality of our patients.

May my spouse request and receive copies of my medical record?

With a Consent Form of Authorization, another person may request and receive copies of your medical record.

When can I expect to receive my copies?

It may take up to 10 business days to fulfill your request. Requests for acute mental health records will require approval of release from the physician.

Can the copies be mailed to me?

Copies will be mailed to the address specified on the Consent Form of Authorization or you may pick them up during hours of operation.

I am a copy service or process server, when can I come to medical records for requests?

Copy services and/or process servers are able to come between the hours of 8am - 4pm

May I obtain a copy of my X-ray films from the medical records department?

Contact the medical imaging department at (951) 486-4100.

I have questions about my baby’s birth certificate.

Contact the birth registrar at (951) 486-4045.

I am a mortuary and requesting information on a death certificate.

Contact the decedent desk at (951) 486-5040.

What if I see medical documentation in my medical records that I believe is an error?

Patients have the right to request a correction, referred to as an Amendment, to their record. This request may be submitted in writing to the Health Information Management Department.

NOTE: A written request for an amendment to a patient's record does not guarantee that the request will be approved.

Additionally, the Health Information Management Department assists in the completion of disability and insurance ​Forms. Please contact our main Release of Information number above for additional information should you have questions.