The Diagnostic Radiology Residency mission aligns with that of Riverside University Health System:
- To train residents to become qualified compassionate radiologists who contribute to patient care and the overall practice of medicine.
- To improve the health and well-being of our patients and communities through our dedication to exceptional and compassionate care, education and research;
- To allow and assist each resident to develop into a mature professional who puts the needs of others first in the workplace; and,
- Assist in the development of the resident's professionalism to include accountability, commitment to career-long quality improvement, communication skills, compassion and cultural sensitivity.
- Educate radiology residents in medical imaging, including appropriate use recommendations, interpretation and therapeutic/interventional procedures according to the requirements of the ACGME;
- Develop interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships to enhance patient care and imaging utilization;
- Offer a diverse educational experience with academic and community-based exposure;
- Develop life-long learning practices through scholarly and teaching endeavors;
- Ensure graduates are life-long learners; and,
- Produce board-certified versatile and collegial radiologists able to practice in all medical environments with a strong focus on quality and safety