Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is an evidenced-based nurse home visitation program that improves the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of low-income, first-time parents and their children.
The mother, father and child are visited in their home regularly by a public health nurse over a period of 2 years. The public health nurse works with the family to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby
- Improve your child’s health and development
- Improve your parenting skills
- Build a strong network of support for your family
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services in the community
- Improve the economic self-sufficiency of your family by finding ways to continue your education and/or develop job skills
- Set goals for yourself and your family’s future and find ways to help you reach them
To Enroll in this free service:
- First Pregnancy
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant *
- Desire to be involved in the program
- Serving families throughout Riverside County
*The nurse must be able to make a home visit before the 28th week of pregnancy.
*Please refer as early in the pregnancy as possible.
To learn more about the Nurse-Family Partnership, please complete the referral form and contact:
Maternal, Child Adolescent Health Program
Email - MCAHRivcoReferrals@ruhealth.org
Phone number: (800) 794-4814
Fax: (951) 358-4762
Please fill out our Online Referral Form here.
Maternal Child and Adolescent Health Community Advisory Board:
The MCAH Community Advisory Board meets on a quarterly basis to promote Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health, and to obtain input from community representatives, on the needs of this population throughout Riverside County. We welcome parents, previous NFP participants, community members, CBO’s, perinatal providers, doulas, midwives, mental health providers, students and anyone interested. For more information on how to become involved in the RUHS-Public Health MCAH CAB, please contact Amy Larsen at (951) 318-2821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for 2022 meeting dates and flyer.
For NFP services in the Desert Regions, please contact our Desert Partner:
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Program
- California Maternal Child and Adolescent Health
- California Department of Public Health
- California Home Visiting Program
- First 5 – Riverside County
- Need Help with Pregnancy and Postpartum Depression and Anxiety?
- Feelings in Motherhood
- Maternal Mental Health Resources