Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal quantities such as motivation and integrity. Programs will not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
To be eligible for appointment at Riverside University Health System applicants must be either United States citizens or permanent residents. We currently do not sponsor visas.
Only complete applications, will be reviewed and considered for an interview by the Program Director. The RUHS - Neurology Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Applications will only be accepted through ERAS, please do not send applications and associated documents through the mail or e-mail.
RUHS Medical Center participates in the National Resident Matching Program. Please register with them if you wish to be matched with our program.
Minimum Application documentation: Prior to being offered an invitation to interview, applicants must have submitted the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vita
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three letters of reference from physicians
- Photograph taken within the last six months
- USMLE or COMLEX step 1 and 2 transcripts, as applicable
- Personal Statement
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document(s) must be provided.
In addition to the minimum required documentation, those currently in a PGY1 program must also submit: a letter of reference from your current program director and USMLE or COMLEX step 3 transcripts, as applicable.
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must also provide the following:
- Current ECGMG Certificate
The Program will hold virtual interviews and two in-person institutional tour and meet & greet days for the 2022-23 recruitment season. If you have been granted an interview, you will be notified by the program coordinator via ERAS.
Traveling to Moreno Valley Area
If you considering travel to our local area and are considering your hotel and air transportation options, Ontario International Airport (ONT) is 26 miles to Moreno Valley and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 78 miles to Moreno Valley (traffic is considerably less from Ontario Airport). Local hotel options include Comfort Inn (951) 242-0699, Regency Inn & Suites (951) 247-8582, the Ayres Hotel and Spa has a special rate and can be booked at (951) 574-4141 or here and Hampton Inn & Suites (951) 571-7788 to name a few.
Applicants who successfully match in the program here at The Riverside University Health System must provide the following additional documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript indicating that a degree was issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver's license
- Copy of permanent resident card
- Copy of current BLS and ACLS certifications
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (ie. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document must be provided
In addition to the above, prior to appointment date, the applicant must have successfully completed all RUHS pre-employment requirements, including, but not limited to, a pre-employment physical and Department of Justice background check.
Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the training program.