The Office of Vital Records holds birth and death certificates for births and deaths that occurred in Riverside County for this year and last year only.
Please bring the following information with you when you come to apply and purchase a birth certificate:
- Child’s full name as listed on the birth certificate
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s place of birth
- The mother’s full maiden name
Please bring the following information with you when you come to apply and purchase a death certificate:
- Decedent’s name
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Name of the mortuary or cremation society that handled the services
Forms & Instructions
Please be prepared to show picture identification when requesting a certified copy from this office.
Fees fixed by State legislation:
- Birth Certificate* $32.00
- Death Certificate* $24.00
- Fetal Death Certificate* $21.00
Fees set by Office of Vital Records:
- Authentication letter $10.00
*California Health and Safety Code, Section 103650 states a fee must be collected before a search for the death certificate is made whether or not the record is found.