Manage Your Condition - We're Here to Help
Managing Your Care
Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of mortality in the U.S. and can lead to serious health issues, including blindness, heart disease and kidney failure.
Approximately 96 million American adults—more than 1 in 3—have prediabetes. Prediabetes is a serious health condition where blood sugar levels are higher than average but not high enough yet to be diagnosed as type 2 diabetes. Of those with prediabetes, more than 80% don’t know they have it.
There is hope and we are here to help. It’s important to monitor your blood sugar and keep up with scheduled medical appointments.
We are Here to Help
Our diabetes specialty clinic and endocrinology department are in our Medical Surgical Center, where we have space and resources to consult with and treat more patients than ever before. We also have 13 Community Health Centers across Riverside County that provide primary and specialty care. Our services include:
- General diabetes education
- A1C blood sugar testing
- Support to help manage continuous glucose monitoring systems and insulin pumps
- 1-on-1 consultation with a Certified Diabetes Educator (requires a physician referral)
- Guidance and assistance from psychologists, dietitians, and nutrition experts
- Riverside University Health System Community Health Centers
- Riverside County Adult Diabetes Fact Sheet
- Riverside University Health System Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Diabetes Basics
Our clinic will soon be offering diabetes education classes twice each month, in both English and Spanish. A video of these classes will be posted on this page.