Application Process for the RUHS / UCR Family Medicine Residency Program to ERAS & Application Process.
We are looking for well-rounded and compassionate individuals who demonstrate a commitment to family medicine and under-served or vulnerable populations. We place a strong emphasis on communication and interpersonal skills and team dynamics
RUHS/UCR Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) through the Association of American Medical Colleges. Applicants must be registered through the National Resident Matching Program. Applications will only be accepted through ERAS; please do not send applications and associated documents through the mail or e-mail. The complete application deadline for ERAS is October 15. The following information is required via ERAS by the submission deadline:
ERAS Common Application
- ERAS Common Application
- Personal Statement
- Dean’s Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three Letters of Reference (including one from a family physician or primary care physician)
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts, as applicable
- Medical School Transcripts
Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
To be eligible for appointment at RUHS/UCR Family Medicine Residency Program, applicants must be either United States Citizens or permanent residents.
Each completed application is reviewed by the Program Director and our selection committee. Interviews are conducted from October through December at Moreno Valley Community Health Center. If you are selected for an interview, our Program Coordinator will contact you via e-mail to schedule your interview date.
For the 2023-2024 Interview season, please make note of the following important dates. Interviews will be held on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning from October 18 to December 22, 2023 excluding Veteran's Day and the week of Thanksgiving.
- September 6, 2023: ERAS opens for applicants.
- September 14, 2023: Virtual Open House RSVP HERE
- September 27, 2023: ERAS available for review by programs.
- Week of October 9, 2023: Begin to send out interview invitations.
- October 27, 2023: Last day for ERAS submission to our program. After this date, new applications will not be reviewed.
- Week of November 6, 2023: Last interview invitations will be sent out.
- Late January, 2024: Second look TBD.
View our virtual walkthrough tour!