Emergency Medicine Residency
Welcome to the page for the Emergency Medicine Residency at Riverside University Health System (RUHS). Although we are a new residency program, our faculty have been educating residents for more than 30 years. We’re committed to training our residents to become successful board-certified Emergency Medical Physicians.
A Note from Our Director
Riverside University Health System (RUHS) is located in Riverside County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. We are a busy county emergency department and the regional pediatric and adult trauma center.
RUHS – Medical Center is a Level I Trauma Center. In addition, we are the only pediatric trauma center in the county.
During your training in Emergency Medicine here at RUHS, you will work with a very diverse patient population, offering you an exceptional educational experience. We are committed to providing our patients the best medical care possible and will train our residents to advocate for their patients’ best interests.
Thomas Minahan, DO
Our Medical Center
While the Riverside University Health System (RUHS) institution is more 100 years old, our facilities are state of the art. Facts about the RUHS - Medical Center, located in Moreno Valley, California:
- A tertiary care and level 1 adult and pediatric trauma facility.
- Cares for 90,000 patients per year with a total of 439 beds (362 in main acute-care hospital; 77 in a separate psychiatric facility).
- Includes 12 operating rooms, a helipad located directly adjacent to the Trauma Center, and state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services.
- Houses adult, pediatric, and neonatal intensive care units, an obstetrics unit, and complete pulmonary services with hyperbaric oxygen treatment capabilities.
- The Emergency Department is currently undergoing renovation and expansion.
- In May of 2020, the new Medical Surgical Center opened adjacent to the medical center. The center boasts 8 additional outpatient operating suites, expanded clinic space, pharmacy, laboratory, diagnostic services and a newly designed physical therapy and rehabilitation area.