At all our CHCs, we have registered dieticians who provide nutrition counseling—also known as Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
How Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) Can Improve Your Quality of Life
MNT provides the following benefits:
- Feel better overall
- Gain more control over you blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol
- Increase your energy
- Lessen your risk of chronic diseases
- Lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way
- Reduce the need for medication
- Slow and reduce symptoms of chronic diseases
Patients find that MNT often results in fewer doctor visits and hospitalizations.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Individual counseling sessions (up to 3 visits for each referral)
- Two 2-hour group education sessions
- Individual MNT counseling sessions
- One 6-month follow-up group education session
Healthy Heart Program (coming soon at certain locations)
- One 2-hour group education session
- Two individual MNT counseling session
All services are available via referral from a physician or other healthcare provider. Ask your health care provider if you’d like a referral to see one of our registered dietitians.
Fees are based on patient plan coverage and eligibility for certain programs.
The following are accepted:
- Exclusive Care
- Managed Care Medi-Cal (such as IEHP and Molina)
- Health Families
- Vantaga IPA
- Private insurance
An “Ability to Pay” plan is available to patients without medical coverage, based on income and family size.
Call the main scheduling line at 1-800-720-9553