- Please Note: All subpoenas must be served in person at one of the locations listed below.
- RUHS Medical Center: (Nason Entrance - 1st Floor, D1003): 26520 Cactus Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92555
- Riverside: 7898 Mission Grove Parkway South, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92508
Hours: 8am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
The Health Information Management Department (Medical Records) maintains medical patient data in a secure manner, allowing release only to recognized entities with a legal right to review the contents.
Please Note: The medical record is the property of the hospital. The patient does not automatically receive a copy of his/her medical record upon discharge from the hospital. Medical records must be completed by all physicians involved in the patient’s care prior to being copied and released to the patient. The patient may request to receive a copy of his/her medical record, upon completion of the appropriate authorization. A fee may be involved.
View Your Medical Records on MyChart: Access your information 24/7 on a computer, tablet or smartphone when it's convenient for you.
Information about you and your health is confidential.
Medical Records Requests
To obtain a copy of your medical records, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download and complete the authorization form.
- Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information (English)
- Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information (Spanish)
Please note: Unsigned requests will not be processed.
2. Completed forms can be:
- Mailed to: Riverside University Health System – Health Information Management Department, 7898 Mission Grove Parkway South, Suite 200, Riverside, CA 92508
- Faxed to: (951) 486-5075, Attn: Release of Information
- Emailed to: RUHS-ROI@ruhealth.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The first 20 pages are free. For over 20 pages, there is a $15 administrative fee plus a charge for 25 cents per page for copies.
Currently RUHS can place records on a CD (a fee may be involved). Records are not emailed at this time to protect confidentiality of our patients.
With your authorization, you may release a copy of your medical records to your spouse or to another person by specifying their name in the "Release to" section in the Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information form.
It may take up to 10 business days to fulfill your request. Requests for acute mental health records will require approval of release from the physician.
Copies may be mailed to the address specified on the Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information form or you may pick up the copies during hours of operation.
Copy services and/or process servers are able to come between the hours of 8am - 4pm
Contact the medical imaging department at (951) 486-4100.
Contact the birth registrar at (951) 486-4045.
Contact the decedent desk at (951) 486-5040.
Patients have the right to request a correction, referred to as an Amendment, to their record. This request may be submitted in writing to the Health Information Management Department.
NOTE: A written request for an amendment to a patient's record does not guarantee that the request will be approved.
Additionally, the Health Information Management Department assists in the completion of disability and insurance Forms. Please contact our main Release of Information number above for additional information should you have questions.