What if my child has private health insurance coverage?

Your child may be eligible for the CCS program even though you have private health insurance coverage.  In general, the private insurance must be utilized first.  You must keep CCS informed of changes or termination of your private insurance benefits.

What if my child has Medi-Cal?

Children with Medi-Cal coverage, including those enrolled in Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans such as Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) and Molina, and who have CCS eligible medical conditions are eligible for CCS services. 

CCS will authorize services related to the qualifying CCS medical condition.  The Medi-Cal Managed Care plan will provide your child’s primary care, well child check-ups, and other treatment not authorized by the CCS program.  You must inform CCS at the time your child’s Medi-Cal coverage changes or is terminated.

CCS - How is my privacy protected?

California law requires that families applying for services be given information or how CCS protects their privacy:

To protect your privacy:

  • We must keep this information confidential
  • We may share information on the form with authorized staff from other health and welfare programs only when you have signed a consent form.
  • You have the right to see your application and CCS records concerning you or your child. If you wish to see these records contact us. By law, the information you give CCS is kept by the program.

Other Services

Families caring for a child with a CCS-eligible condition sometimes need other kinds of help. For instance:

Maintenance and Transportation (for parents when their child is in the hospital): CCS knows that families want to be together, even in the hospital.

Sometimes we can help families in need with mileage reimbursement and/or lodging nearby. For more information and eligibility requirements, please call and ask to speak with our Social Work department.