Transportation Courtesy Van Service
To schedule transportation, please call (800) 794-3544 at least 5 days in advance.
If you arrive at our facility in one of our vans, but will use another form of transportation going home, please contact our office at (951) 486-4380.
Transportation Courtesy Van Policy
- Our services are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- To schedule transportation, please call at least five (5) days in advance.
- Patients must strictly adhere to the pickup and return times: return time for Route 1 is 3:00pm
- If you arrive at our facility in one of our vans, but will use another form of transportation going home, please inform our office as soon as possible.
- Passengers are returned to clinic sites only.
- Since we are responsible for every patient transported, we must record every patient on our route log sheet. We cannot transport patients who just “show up” at the pickup point, nor can we take a patient back that we did not bring in.
- Children are not allowed to travel with their parents on the van, unless it is the child who has the appointment.
- No caregiver is allowed to ride with the patient unless prior clearance has been given by the Transportation Department. Children under eighteen cannot be deemed a caregiver.
Riverside University Health System’s (RUHS) Transportation Courtesy Van program shall provide transportation needs at no cost to indigent and disabled clientele. Our department is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, and user-friendly services to our patients.
Our services were established in 1990, through Measure A and RTA, in order to provide reasonable transportation services to residents who require medical attention and who are located in the county’s outskirts. Since 1990, our services have expanded from two routes, three days a week to three routes, five days a week, which presently run from Monday through Friday, and are considered a vital service to our residents.
RUHS continues to be committed to providing effective and efficient transportation services to our patients and plans to focus on more innovative ways to meet Riverside County’s residents’ needs.