Orthopaedic Surgery Physician Assistant Fellowship Program
The RUHS Orthopaedic Surgery Physician Assistant Fellowship Program strives to recruit and train Physician Assistants from diverse backgrounds who are interested in providing healthcare to the underserved populations of Riverside County while receiving a high quality broad-based education in Orthopaedics.
It is the role of each department at RUHS to carry out the mission of the hospital, including the education of residents, interns, medical students, and students in the allied health professions.
The Orthopaedic Surgery Physician Assistant Fellowship at RUHS is an intensive clinical and didactic training experience. This is a full-time, 12-month program requiring no more than 80 hours per week of clinical, operative and emergency room based work and didactic program of regularly scheduled lectures.
- Applications are accepted year round
- Fellowships begin in the Fall and Spring
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) are required
- Must be a Graduate of CAAHEP-accredited Primary Care Physician Assistant Program
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), is required
- License to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of California is required prior to the start of the academic year.
Fellows will receive hands-on clinical training, mentorship and weekly didactic conference instruction. Also, the Fellows are assigned daily reading and weekly exams through OrthoBullets PASS program. In addition, they are sent to the annual Physician Assistants Orthopaedic Surgery (PAOS) conference and expenses are paid for by the Program.
Fellows rotation schedule within the Orthopaedic Surgery subspecialties program includes:
- General Orthopaedics (2 months)
- Pediatrics (2 months)
- Joints (2 months)
- Hand (2 months)
- Sports/General Orthopaedics (2 months)
- Trauma (2 month)
- No fee or Tuition for the Program
- Paid Stipend ($52,500)
- Paid Vision
- Flex Benefits for Medical, Dental, and 401A Retirement Plan are provided
- Vacation and Sick Time incurred bi monthly
Candidates selected for the RUHS Orthopaedic Physician Assistant Fellowship Program will be employees of Riverside County and as such must meet all Riverside County employment requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to, a pre-employment physical, including drug screening, and a Department of Justice background check.
Atrina Johnson, Residency Coordinator
RUHS Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
26520 Cactus Avenue
Moreno Valley, CA 92555
Phone: (951) 486-4698 Email: email@example.com