Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
To be eligible for appointment to RUHS / UCR Family Medicine Residency Program, applicants must be either United States Citizens or permanent residents. We currently do not sponsore any visas.
RUHS Medical Center participates in the
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Applications will only be accepted through ERAS; please do not send applications and associated documents through the mail or e-mail.
The complete application deadline is October 17. Only applications complete by October 17 will be reviewed and considered for an interview by the Program Director. RUHS Medical Center participates in the
National Resident Matching Program. Please register with them if you wish to be matched with our program.
Minimum Application documentation: Prior to being placed on a rank list applicants must have submitted the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vita
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- At least three letters of reference from physicians: including one from a family physician or primary care provider
- Photograph taken within the last six months
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts, as applicable
- Personal Statement
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document(s) must be provided.
Graduates of medical schools outside the United States must also have the following:
- ECFMG Certificate before starting residency orientation
- California Post-doctoral Training Approval Letter (PTAL) or California Medical License
Graduation date prior to April 1st of the application year
Interviews are conducted from October through January. If you have been granted an interview, you will be notified by the program.
Traveling for the Interview:
If you have been granted an interview and are considering your hotel and air transportation options, Ontario International Airport (ONT) is 26 miles to Moreno Valley and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 78 miles to Moreno Valley (traffic is considerably less from Ontario Airport). Local hotel options include Best Western (951) 924-4546, Comfort Inn (951)242-0699, Regency Inn & Suites (951) 247-8582, the Ayres Hotel and Spa has a special rate of $84 and can be booked at https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?HotelID=74114&identifier=RCRMD and Hampton Inn & Suites (951) 571-7788 to name a few.
Applicants who successfully match with our program must provide the following additional documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript indicating that a degree was issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver's license
- Copy of permanent resident card if applicable
- Copy of current BLS and ACLS certifications (NRP, PALS, or ALSO certification only if cmopleted prior to starting residency)
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (ie. marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document must be provided
In addition to the above, prior to appointment date, the applicant must have successfully completed all RUHS Medical Center pre-employment requirements, including, but not limited to, a pre-employment physical and Department of Justice background check.
Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the training program.