Eligible applicants will be considered on the basis of residency program-related criteria such as their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Our program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
The complete application deadline is October 16, 2015. Only complete applications on October 18 will be reviewed and considered for interview by the Program Director. RUHS Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Applications will only be accepted through ERAS, please do not send applications and associated documents through the mail or e-mail.
The Anesthesia Residency Program participates in the National Matching Service. Please register with them if you wish to be matched with our program.
Applicants must be or will be graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA). Minimum Application documentation: Prior to being placed on a rank list, applicants must have submitted the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vita
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Three letters of reference from physicians
- Photograph Taken within the last six months
- COMLEX transcripts
(Level 1, 2 CE, and 2 PE)
- Personal Statement
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, then a translation of the document(s) must be provided
In addition, to be eligible for appointment to RUHS residency training programs, applicants must be either United States citizens or permanent residents.
All interviews will be scheduled in December or January. If you are granted an interview, you will be notified by the program coordinator. In order to make the best use of the applicant’s time while visiting our program, it is necessary to limit interviews and tours to specified, pre-scheduled appointments.
Traveling for the Interview:
If you have been granted an interview and are considering your hotel and air transportation options, Ontario International Airport (ONT) is 26 miles to Moreno Valley and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 78 miles to Moreno Valley (traffic is considerably less from Ontario Airport). Local hotel options include Best Western (951) 924-4546, Comfort Inn (951) 242-0699, Regency Inn & Suites (951) 247-8582, the Ayres Hotel and Spa has a special rate of $84 and can be booked at https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?HotelID=74114&identifier=RCRMD and Hampton Inn & Suites (951) 571-7788 to name a few.
Applicants who successfully match in the Anesthesia Residency Program here at RUHS Medical Center must provide the following additional documentation prior to the start of the program:
- Official medical school transcript indicating that a degree was issued and date of issuance
- Copy of medical school diploma
- Copy of social security card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Copy of permanent resident cared
- Copy of current BLS and ACLS certifications
- If required documentation is in different names, then proof of name change (ie marriage certificate or court document) must be provided
- If any required documents are in a language other than English, that a translation of the documents must be provided.
In addition to the above, prior to the appointment date, the applicant must have successfully completed all RUHS Medical Center pre-employment requirements, including, but not limited to, a pre-employment physical and Department of Justice background check.
Failure to provide any required documents or to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements by the date of appointment will result in automatic withdrawal from the training program.